Where in the World will you be dancing next?
One of the things I love about ATS® is how easy it can be to dance with others who know the form. The main theme of this bellydance style is improvisation within a group context. So naturally, when fellow dancers meet up, they usually want to dance together!
Here’s a list of what is currently on my dance horizon.
Classes or Open Dancing
- Altavia Fighter Practice (an SCA weekly scheduled activity): Open Dancing in Burbank, CA. Drop-ins are always welcome. No charge because this is an SCA activity, in a public park, outdoors, on the sidewalk. Dance is usually hosted from about 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM every Monday. The syllabus depends on who arrives to dance. Newcomers are always welcome. Arrive when you can, leave if you need to, stay for as long as your body lets you dance.
- Private lessons on Tuesday nights
- Lyondemere Fighter Practice (an SCA weekly scheduled activity): Open Dancing in El Segundo, CA. Drop-ins are always welcome. No charge because this is an SCA activity, in a public park, outdoors, on the sidewalk. Dance is usually hosted from about 6:00 PM to 8:45 PM every Wednesday. The syllabus depends on who arrives to dance. Newcomers are always welcome. Arrive when you can, leave if you need to, stay for as long as your body lets you dance.
- Occasionally I take classes on Thursdays, as they are available
Upcoming Festivals or Workshops
I’m enrolled or registered to take the following courses. I look forward to dancing with many of you at these events.
- Jen-Con (Sat & Sun, Mar 1-2) – I’m enrolled in all 5 workshops, plus I’ll be at the Hafla.
- Raven’s Workshops (Sun Mar 23) – I’m enrolled in both workshops.
- Tribal Fest – Gosh, what *didn’t* I register for? I’ll be in the following workshops. Tue May 13 – (1) The Henna Crone “Beginning Henna & Beyond,” (2) Therese Wyatt “BSBD Partner Work.” Wed May 14 – (3) Kajira & Arikah “New Juicy Fruit: Roots Still Attached,” (4) Jen Nolan “ATS (R)Evolution,” (5) Donna Mejia “Swelling to the Surface: Breath & Body.” Thu May 15 – (6) Devi Mamak “Choreography for ATS,” (7) Carolena Nericcio “Introduction ATS Choreography” [1st run]. Fri May 16 – (8) Carolena Nericcio “Introduction ATS Choreography” [2nd run]. Sat May 17 – (9) 1:15-3:15, Devi Mamak “Using a Spanish Manton (Piano Shawl).”
- Teacher Training, Toronto (Mon Oct 20 through Wed Oct 22) – I’m enrolled in both Teacher Training and The Business of ATS®. Really looking forward to this trip!
- ATS® Homecoming-Return to the Mothership (Jan 8-11, 2015) – Yes, I made it into the Homecoming registration, woo hoo! The courses I signed up for include the following. Fri Jan 9 – Elegant Arms and Fantastic Floreos with Wendy Allen; Badass Baskets for ATS® with Nandana. Sat Jan 10 – Who’s On First? Quick Formation Changes That Leave Your Audience Wondering What Just Happened with Adriene Rice; Sandi’s Fabulous Fades and Tricky Transitions with Sandi Ball; Tamarind Volume 9 with Elizabeth Fish (Super Beth). Sun Jan 11 – Thrilling Drills for Zills with Wendy Allen; Intro to Tribal Belly Dance with Kajira.